Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The successful candidate must be bilingual; fluent in both French and English. Primary responsibilities of this customer service position include support of Timken's distribution customers and distributors, and through them, our end-user market:
- Support is conducted via phone, fax and email interaction including technical enquiries, quotation processing and order management as well as interacting with our logistics sites (Timken and Colinx) to facilitate shipping requirements.
- The associate must be well versed and able to respond to questions across the entire Timken product line as well as equally able to process enquiries utilizing a high level of knowledge of our internal systems (SAP, Global Availability, PTPlace, etc.) and additional support material available.
- The position requires familiarity with distribution commercial policies and procedures as well as Timken export compliance and other mandated regulations.
- Daily interaction with sales, distributor accounts, product managers and supply chain ensures the appropriate network of support to meet the expectations of the role.
To achieve delivery of world-class customer service as defined by measurable KPIs, the Customer Service Representative will be accountable for the following:
- Handle incoming contact for new orders, quotations, expedites, modifications, transfers, intercepts, delivery information, returns, assembly identification, technical questions, complaints, future orders, and interchange information for distributors and customers.
- Proactive expedite and deliver improvements and communication of updated information to customer and/or sales as well as tracking and follow up for special activities.
- Assist in resolution of conflicts between functional areas to meet customer commitments.
- Daily communication with servicing and shipping centers and Colinx distribution centers.
- Regularly communicate with Regional Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, Supply Chain (replenishment) and Customer Service Reps, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- In coordination with the account team, address dispute resolutions to keep account current as per established metrics.
- Initiate entries to address customer concerns and quality issues with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Must be bilingual (Advanced Written and Advanced Spoken) in English and French.
- A minimum of three to five years previous experience in the provision of customer service in the industrial sales sector.
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or similar ERP software.
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy with a high level of detail.
- Knowledge of Timken product line will be considered an asset.
Only candidates who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada will be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.