Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Manager of Mfg Engineering is responsible and accountable for ensuring our equipment, processes and facilities have sustained capability to meet the needs of the defined customer base and achieve business performance objectives. The position is also responsible for defining and developing the Engineering systems required to effectively support the organization; and accountable for maintaining and advancing all facility related issues, including environmental compliance, together with managing the maintenance and capability of the asset base.
- Achieve performance objectives(OTD, Sales, Packed Output, Quality, Manufacturing Cost, Inventory, EH&S, etc.)
- Lead, manage & execute programs to ensure environmental compliance and provide a safe working environment for all associates.
- Lead, facilitate and support tactics to solve root cause issues creating operating performance problems using systematic problem solving tools such as PDAC, DMAIC, 8D, and FMEAs.
- Lead the implementation of joint design for manufacturability with the customer and front end unit to clarify specifications, optimize manufacturing processes and develop sustainable core process technology and capability. Ensure revision control to eliminate conflicting manufacturing order and assembly order specifications.
- Lead and manage the translation of product specifications to bills of materials and process routings to ensure clear, concise and correct manufacturing instructions are provided to operations with revision control. This includes delivering new product/program introductions in line with agreed customer timelines.
- Drive lean manufacturing processes through process and equipment design selection and updates that deliver reduced set up times, increased flexibility, high dependability and reduced process variation.
- Lead the development and implementation of facilities and equipment maintenance programs that deliver uptime, quality and cost profiles to meet performance objectives.
- Lead and manage capital project budgets and execution to meet performance objectives and ROI targets.
- Direct and develop the talent within the ME Dept.
- Research, examine, and introduce new mfg equipment in accordance with the facility strategic plans.
- Manage the ME Dept costs within budget and drive annual activity to reduce associated costs.
- This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations.
Extensive project management experience
Minimum 5 years' experience supervising exempt / professional level staff
Demonstrated experience with capital equipment purchasing and development
Advanced experience with lean manufacturing
Familiarity with standard cost systems and product costing
Advanced knowledge of quality planning
Metalworking industry experience preferred
Knowledge of maintenance and facilities management
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technical Field required; Master's degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.