Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role assist with Finance related activities, reporting directly to the Assistant Treasurer. Both Accounting and Finance majors are to encouraged to apply as responsibilities will be focused accordingly. The essential responsibilities for this position can include any of the following:
- Foreign Exchange
- Analyzing forecasts and rates
- FX derivative accounting revaluations
- Running and analyzing reports with SAP ERP tools, Business Intelligence queries and global consolidation tools on balance sheet, cash flow and income statement analysis.
- Working Capital
- Intercompany loan support
- Setting interest rates
- Coordinating approvals and documents
- Confirming future maturities with analysis of cash flow and coordination with local controllers
- Support for global cash repatriation planning and execution
- Bank Account Tracking
- Review/confirmation of inventory of bank account details with global controllers
- Support on changes in cash management/banking activity, including recent acquisitions, in US and global locations
- Bank Activity
- Attend ongoing bank meetings to learn industry and market trends
- Using Bloomberg to access financial information on peer companies and financial markets.
The basic qualifications that candidates must possess to be considered for this internship position are as follows:
- Must be a current Sophomore, Junior or Senior, enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program (12 semester/credit hours) at an accredited four-year university
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Accounting, Finance or related Business major
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.