Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Install, terminate, and test all crane electrical power and control components.
- Perform quality inspections on cranes using Inspectall for quality assurance. This includes all components of the crane build.
- Ability/willingness to follow directions and perform various tasks in the crane fabrication shop, not limited to electrical work.
- Possibility of some field work from time to time (limited, but must be willing).
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced shop environment. Team player.
- Willingness to perform/learn multiple skills.
- Ability to work in a shop environment using overhead cranes, and various shop tools consistent with electrical installation.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints with control schematics.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform various maintenance and repair on shop equipment
- Ability to perform various maintenance and repair in the facility including general electrical and non-electrical components.
- Ability to perform minor electrical install in the facility e.g. lighting and general power circuits.
- Maintaining high standard of own area and general shop organization and cleanliness.
- Excellent electrical install and troubleshooting skills.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
- 2 years work experience with similar types of equipment in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Provide input to safety and quality work standard and improvements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Has good set of tools as required
- Knowledge of NEC/NFPA code is highly preferred
- Knowledge of CMAA/ASME/ANSI code is highly preferred
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The employee must be able to work from heights.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather), outdoor weather conditions, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from quiet to loud.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.