Join our leadership team and help drive the continued growth of HD Supply Facilities Maintenance! Reporting to the building leader, you will lead, coach and develop a team of Driver Leads and approximately 40+ dedicated Fleet Drivers. You will create strategies for route efficiencies, on-time delivery and ensure the continued safety performance. Your shift will start at 5 am.
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Decartes or similar transportation software experience.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support of company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations planning, financial management, operational reporting and communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement, compliance, and inventory management.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and staff.
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to support operating plan and provide cost justification for departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and implements process improvement action plans within the department. Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes, asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job ID 2019-35476
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 98107
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.