Graymont is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for our Exshaw Plant. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for all activities related to the efficiency of the laboratory operations.
Canada - AB - Exshaw
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensure to obtain the highest standards in terms of safety, environment, product quality and quality of work.
- Involved in all activities related to the laboratory operation. Quality control from quarry to the finished product.
- Preparation of incoming samples for further testing in the lab. Includes operating a chipmunk crusher and disc pulverizer.
- Conduct testing on limestone, lime products, and other raw materials using various chemical and physical procedures.
- Maintain, clean, and calibration of laboratory instruments
- Ensure that established Lab turnaround times are met.
- Enter test results into WinLIMS database.
- Clean and organize work space.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow laboratory safety procedures.
- Must communicate efficiently with other team members and possess good organizational and decision making skills.
- Chemistry background would be an asset, as well as laboratory experience in an industrial setting.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently and safely.
- Knowledge of sample preparation equipment and techniques.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time.