Outside Sales Account Manager for Multi-Family customers
As an Ouside Sales Account Manager for Facilities Maintenance Multifamily division you will be responsible for an established portfolio of multifamily customers (Apartment communities) to maintain and drive Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) sales. This sales position has consistent day travel but no overnight travel and the territory will be comprised of local business customers. This position offers a competitive base salary plus sales incentive plan paid monthly. A laptop/tablet, cell phone, and monthly expenses are included. The territory for this role is the Southeast Twin Cities area (Woodbury to Lakeville and south to Rochester).
HD Supply ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations, water infrastructure and residential and non-residential construction sectors. Through approximately 500 locations across 48 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 13,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for profitably growing sales to achieve yearly growth goals through the development of relationships with emphasis on solutions. Responsible for prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers using a consultative selling approach to deliver added value. Provide service to meet customer needs through knowledge of the company service capabilities, programs, and HD Supply product offering. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages and grows sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base with the expectation of incremental growth.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence for a portfolio. Sells based on business value proposition for the portfolio of customers.
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of the organization.
- Analyzes trends through sales reports and customer demand to identify opportunities.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the business.
- Participates in all local trade shows. Attends monthly business meetings for all business sponsored associations.
- Remains up-to-date on product improvements, industry, and technical knowledge.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- AutonNature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling.
- Knowledge in HDS product line.
- Multi-Family Industry Knowledge
- 2+ years business to business (B2B) field sales experience.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and SalesForce.com or similar CRM.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus.
Job ID 2019-34970
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 55401
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.