Canada - NB - Moncton
Graymont is a global leader in lime and limestone solutions. Our products are essential in addressing today's most pressing environmental issues while supporting vital industrial processes and agricultural needs. Uses for our products include the purification of air and water, and the production of items essential to a modern economy such as steel, paper, and metals. Headquartered in Canada, Graymont serves markets throughout North America and Asia-Pacific. Graymont is also the strategic partner of Mexican-based Grupo Calidra, the largest lime producer in Latin America.
Professionally managed and family owned, the company has been in operation for over 70 years. Graymont aims to be the preferred supplier, employer, and partner of choice wherever we operate."
Graymont's growing business focuses on technology and application innovation. To achieve this, Graymont supports the training and development of its employees and gives them opportunities to explore their careers across Graymont's technological, engineering, environmental and finance functions, among others. Employees at Graymont receive competitive compensation and health care benefits and may also qualify for financial support for ongoing learning and development to help them reach their full potential.
Visit www.graymont.com to find out more or check out of Glassdoor and LinkedIn profiles.
Graymont is establishing a new Remote Operations Center (ROC) in the City of Moncton, New Brunswick. The ROC will be staffed with Remote Operations Engineers who remotely operate and monitor multiple plant operations through a state-of-the-art process control system.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Services, the Remote Operations Engineers are responsible for the remote and continuous monitoring of control systems for select plant equipment, including but not limited to lime calcination (rotary and vertical kilns) and atmospheric lime hydrators. The Remote Operations Engineer fills a crucial role in ensuring safe & continuous operation, product quality, and compliance with environmental requirements by collaborating with plant-based personnel and other Remote Operations Engineers based out of our ROC in Salt Lake City, Utah to ensure efficient and safe operations.
To be successful in this role, you must have an in-depth understanding of how process changes affect plant operations and product quality and the ability to make on the spot decisions on process adjustments. You will also be comfortable monitoring multiple processes and prioritizing the handling of alarms. You are also responsive to service requests and are committed to finding ways to optimizes operational processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively collaborate with peers and other departments to ensure the highest standards in safety, environmental performance, quality, and efficiency are achieved.
- Start, monitor and regulate equipment in a safe manner, making process adjustments in response to, and in anticipation of operational and quality needs.
- Maintain shift operation records and exchange information with others on shift changes or during shifts as necessary.
- Communicate with onsite operations attendants, maintenance technicians, supervisors, process engineers and other personnel to coordinate production and quality requirements.
- Monitor product quality throughout the process line, collaborating with lab technicians and making decisions required to maintain product quality.
- Manage and operate multiple operating processes simultaneously.
- Continuously analyze process and product quality information, apply knowledge gained to define problems, establish facts, and determine valid conclusions to drive process efficiencies and improvements.
- Collaborate on various special projects to continuously improve the remote operations program.
- Identify, develop, continuously improve, and communicate the best available process practices within Graymont.
- Stay up to date with the latest technological development in related industry.
- Work with Graymont's Process Engineering Group and plant process engineers to continuously expand and improve the automation strategy.
- Assist various departments and functional groups to investigate and find the root cause of problems.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet urgent deadlines or to ensure resolution of problems.
- Shift work; 12 hours rotating shifts between day shift and night shift to maintain 24 hour operations. Holiday and weekend coverage is required.
- Occasional travel required - up to 20%. Travel throughout the US and Canada. (Note: Travel intensity will be higher during training period.)
- Post-secondary education with an Engineering degree, technical certification, or demonstrated advanced process control experience will be considered. Emphasis in Process Control Systems, Automation, Electrical or Chemical Engineering is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in a manufacturing or processing environment is preferred.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills. Pursues innovative solutions when and where appropriate.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions in a short timeframe.
- Able to effectively build relationships with employees at all levels within the organization (front line to executive management).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Self-directed and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong active listening skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills, need to be able to communicate clearly & effectively (both technical and non-technical).
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic data and make appropriate decisions related to processing equipment.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs. Electrical, PLC programming, instrumentation, automation and HMI controls background will be considered a strong asset. Experience in a control room and/or working with control systems involving flows of raw materials, coal, lime, clinker and cement production preferred.
- Fluent in both English and French