HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for ensuring the creation and management of material content, data and account requirements for the material master data (MDM) process. Perform material set up and maintenance for distributors and other accounts.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages the creation of material data master (MDM) by collecting required information and ensuring all Data Governance policies are followed. Maintains all material master data for the business.
- Adds and edits content, modifications, additions, deletions, and implements approved digital components within the material master. Cross-references information to insure data is accurate and formatted to specifications.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for suppliers and internal customers to process requests for MMD maintenance process. Validates requests and processes changes in system as needed.
- Works closely with the vendor to collect all required information needed to set up new materials. Communicates business needs and assists vendor during the collection of information used to maintain the material master data.
- Reviews critical to quality (CTQ) variables for accuracy issues and completes review and necessary updates within service level expectations. Reports results upon final review.
- Supports department projects to improved processes and build-out functionality. Works closely with IT team and represents the Information Integrity department as a subject matter expert.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience in master data management, data remediation, and data quality
- Experience with SAP material master data set up
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business strongly preferred
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with PIM and data collection tools a plus
- Strong Communication skills
- Good organizational skills
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (11/19/2019 2:15 PM)
Job ID 2019-35621
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.