Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Material Handler Responsibilities
- Comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Move materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing areas
- Deliver materials to internal customers
- Operate Power Industrial Equipment (PIT) - forklift, WAV, tow tractor/tugger
- Use computer system (SAP) and make administrative transactions
- Produce required reports such as receiving inspection report
- Identify and label materials, and record their locations in the warehouse/on the shelves to maintain inventory
- Perform and report cycle counts
Qualifications for Material Handler
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years of experience working in a warehouse setting or in logistics; experience in operating material handling equipment preferred
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Ability to read/write and to follow instructions, and work independently with little guidance
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend and to lift heavy materials up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to operate computers and relevant warehouse management computer software
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.