Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor augers is seeking to add to our 400 + associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, a quarterly incentive plan, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
The Timken Chain Business is hiring a Manager of Product Management! Have you had experience in sales/marketing and in the Chain Industry? The ideal candidate will have detailed experience in competitive benchmarking, lead a cross-functional team, understand market prices/analytics, and be able to create a marketing strategy that is effective for our chain business. Interested? Keep reading!
Position Summary: The Manager, Product Management will provide overall global leadership for chain and auger products for the Timken Chain business in Fulton, IL. The primary objective is to drive profitable growth both internationally as well as inside the USA through strategy development and execution. Responsible for development and implementation of the global cradle to grave product strategy and tactics in alignment with front-end unit and market strategy ensuring long-term growth and competitiveness of these product lines.
The individual assumes the lead role developing and implementing tactics to achieve targets for sales revenue growth through sales support, new product launches and lifecycle management, pricing strategy, cost and asset management as defined in the product strategy by working with key functional departments (sales, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain management, finance, R&D, etc.) In addition to product management, this role has oversight of the customer service team, pricing and market analysts.
Essential Job Duties:
Define the strategy to achieve profitable growth via a product plan incorporating:
- Competitive Benchmarking (Product, footprint, cost structure, price analytics, channels to market, installed base).
- Life Cycle analytics.
- Footprint Strategy (interface with manufacturing advancement and supply chain.
- Channels to market.
- Cross-functional business planning alignment for priority projects.
Define tactics and lead cross- functional execution including:
- New product launch definition, technology road mapping, testing, competitive benchmarking, execution and commercialization.
- Growth initiatives related to promotion, inventory, structural cost reduction efforts, etc.
- Project timeline management.
Manage Quote Process:
- Inquiries, new product review management, market price intelligence, margin management.
- Brand management, literature/collateral, value/success stories development globally, manage show staffing/displays, direct management of alignment with Timken corporate.
- Manage by influence across the organization engaging others in cross-functional business planning and sales tactic execution both inside Timken Drives and Timken Corporation.
- Manage team of people responsible for customer service, pricing, and marketing analysis.
- High level of product, market and application knowledge.
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching products.
- Results-oriented and strategic-thinking capabilities.
- Ability to influence without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Spanish as second language preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to travel.
- Participation in business processes requiring product management representation.
- Cost reduction and continuous improvement projects on existing products.
- New product launches including product development and market introduction.
- Manage customer service team through SAP preparation and implementation.
- Developing growth strategy to penetrate new markets; identify new processes or product attributes (coatings, material, lubrication) to grow the business.
Previous Job Experience: Bachelor or equivalent experience Eng., Sales & Marketing, Chain Industry. Min. 15 years/Perf. 20 years. Masters Eng., Sales & Marketing, Chain Industry. Min. 10 years/ Perf. 15 years.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum - Bachelor of Engineering, Marketing or equivalent experience
Preferred - Master's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.