Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position provides assistance to the purchasing function as well as leads various activities that fulfill the customer-supplier relationships for both in intra-company and inter-company (internal and external suppliers). Primary functions include active management of inventory replenishment, supporting cost-reduction programs, tracking and updating delivery of overseas shipments, and (back up) processing internal production orders.
- Draft and generate Purchase Orders requested by the Sales and Warehousing Department and submit to suppliers.
- Review Open PO Status Report on a weekly basis and contact supplier to update delivery status of the shipments from the Purchase Order; update POs in MAS for overseas shipment; coordinate the release of quarantine products received from overseas with the inspection team.
- Reconcile vendor invoices by verifying quantity and price of Vendor / Supplier Invoice with company's Purchase Order prior to submitting to Accounts Payable for payment remittance.
- Actively manage cost reduction programs without sacrificing quality standards by conducting cost-analysis with current vendors, including customs broker, freight forwarder, expedited freight, corrugate supplier, MRO items (grease, set screws, maintenance suppliers, urethane supplier, etc.), to ensure all pricing is cost competitive.
- Review vendor performance on a quarterly basis by providing benchmark measurements for pricing, delivery, and quality. (Vendors being evaluated will be for both overseas and domestic vendors.)
- Provide support for Inventory Traffic Assistants primary responsibilities of inventory adjustments, Manufacturing production schedule, delivery and shipping schedule with manufacturing department and holiday relief.
- HS Diploma or equivalent minimum
- Strong interpersonal, skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation
- Strong understanding of need to put customer first
- Ability to perform complex tasks and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to perform cost analysis
- Professionalism and computer proficiency in email, data analysis and database management
- Strong problem solving abilities and solutions oriented
Starting rate for this position is $35,000 to $45,000 per year DOE. This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.