Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a Marine Program Project Manager position. This position is responsible for complex mandatory monthly reporting to the USG related to Philadelphia Gear technical, schedule and cost performance as well as being the primary customer interface with the Navy and respective shipyards for the contracted programs.
- All monthly reporting and quarterly meetings on DDG, LHA, LPD and any new future programs.
- Supervising and career development of the Project Managers (PM).
- Help coordinate and work with functional departments to drive schedule, quality and job cost performance in the Marine Programs.
- Pacific Fleet Onsite Technical Service support for the Navy.
- Includes occasional travel to support fleet maintenance and shipyard/Navy meetings.
- Support efforts for new Navy program business.
- Coordinate with Senior Timken Power Systems leadership to ensure administrative and technical contract compliance and that our service, quality, cost and margin objectives are met.
Key attributes needed include:
- Must have large scale, critical rotating equipment manufacturing project management experience
- Must have supervisor experience
- Must have strong technical skills
- Must have senior management expertise coordinating professionals across a diverse team located throughout North America.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have military marine MRG experience
- Must be able to work in critical fast paced environment
- Preference to have served or worked for the US Navy in a prior career role
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is required.
- 10+ years' experience with Navy Marine products and gear manufacturing
- 5+ years of Military Service - Navy experience in the areas of engineering, logistics, supply chain, or command
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of engineering, physics, or logistics required, Master's degree preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.