Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
Provide a range of customer service functions according to customer requests. Duties consist of answering sales calls and responding to requests to assist customers in ordering products. Quote pricing and delivery on products in our catalog and also find price and delivery on special order items. Understand customer requests for technical and/or account status information. Know where to look for and find that information and relay it back to the customer in a timely and professional manner. Receive general direction from the Customer Service Supervisor but is required to work on an independent basis.
- Quote pricing and delivery for customers via phone, fax and e-mail.
- Facilitate customer orders and confirm delivery dates with Manufacturing or appropriate Distribution center.
- Maintain communication with the Customer Service Supervisor to confirm delivery and price on any special order items.
- Reps must be able to field questions or source answers about tolerances and other technical specifications of the products.
- Ensure adequate stock is available when promising delivery dates and if delivery cannot be met the Rep must contact the customer directly to inform them of the situation.
- Coordinate logistical flow of items throughout company to fulfill customer requirements. This is accomplished with a high level of personal communication.
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience in an industrial manufacturing organization
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Effective communication skills and basic instructional abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and customer service orientation
- Problem solving ability and ability to take initiative to satisfy customers
- Knowledge of inventory management practices
- Must be able to understand mechanical applications of industrial products
High School Diploma or GED, minimum
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.