Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: This position is responsible to aid and support the manufacture processing of complex close-tolerance aerospace components which are critical to the flight safety on both rotorcraft and fixed-wing aircraft. This position will have a concentration towards gearbox housing and rotorhead components (hubs, swashplates, etc.).
- Process components from raw state (casting, forging, material stock, etc.) to its finished B/P requirements for manufacturing in the plant on one of its machining centers or out at outside vendor(s) for machining or processing. The primary components are housings (e.g. cases and covers) and rotor head components (e.g. hubs, spindles and extensions). The components are from a wide range number of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Understand and follow OEMs' specifications, systems and processes.
- Technologically innovative for aiding in the production of the component and reducing its manufacturing costs through its processing cycle.
- Support the manufacturing floor during component fabrication, which could involve component rework or repair.
- Enter component's BOM and routing into the business unit's Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Formulate and design tooling fixtures and cutting tools.
- Quote new or revised components.
US Citizen or green card holder
Bachelors degree in Manufacturing engineering or related field
2 to 4 years manufacturing flow process experience required and prior aerospace manufacturing experience is desired
Solid computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite including basic excel skills
GD&T knowledge required
Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints/dimensional drawings/customer specifications
Strong attention to detail
Prior engineering software experience desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.