Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Standard Machine, (Timken Power Systems), is currently seeking a Senior Finance Analyst to join the Saskatoon team. This position will work cooperatively with the management team to provide timely, accurate financial information that drives continuous imrpovement throughout our businesss processes.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Manufacturing cost accounting background including knowledge of standard costs and job costing.
- Competent familiarity of both US and Canadian GAAP.
- Flexible, well-organized, and able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, accuracy,.
- Team player with proven collaborative leadership abilities.
- Experience with Epicor, Kronos Workforce Ready, ADP Workforce Now, Sage Fixed Assets, Blackline, HFM, SharePoint and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience in the development and management of financial, timekeeping and payroll systems, including security management and software upgrades.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Ability to continually monitor the environment for new risks and weaknesses in internal controls and put in place and/or modify policies, processes and procedures to ensure a strong control environment, use of best practice and SOX compliance.
- Full GL reconciliation and preparation of financial statements and other financial and metric reporting.
- Analysis and interpretation of financial information to ensure accuracy, completeness, and provide reporting to management.
- Create, analyze and maintain labour and burden rates for job costing.
- Prepare all sales tax returns and liaise with corporate on preparation of income tax returns.
- Liaise with other departments (operations, purchasing, sales, and Corporate office) to problem solve, drive compliance and improve efficiencies.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external customers/vendors, providing assistance as applicable to all staff on processes and procedures as they pertain to areas of responsibility.
- Capital budgeting and reporting, and maintenance and management of fixed asset system.
- Back up other accounting functions as needed
- A minimum of five years post designation experience with full general ledger reconciliation and reporting accountability.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a manufacturing cost accounting role with a clear working knowledge of job costing, standard costing, BOM structures, manufacturing process flows, vertical integration and supply chain.
- Advanced software skills, (Excel, SharePoint, HFM and Hyperion Planning, BlackLine, Sage).
- ERP and Time Management (Kronos) system maintenance/support liaison experience will be considered a strong asset
- Proven ability to foster a positive, accountable, results-oriented, enjoyable work environment.
- Canadian Professional Accounting designation (CPA).
Applicants must provide proof of all relevant qualifications and be available to participate in a pre-employment testing procedure. Successful applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.