Starting pay is $16/hr. The Warehouse Associate II in Groveport, OH will select Case Pick orders using an Order Picker or Double Pallet Jack.
Did you know that HD Supply is one of the largest distribution companies in North America? Our sweet spot is connecting maintenance and construction products with businesses that need them. Our company size ($6 billion and growing) and culture allows our associates to learn and grow in all kinds of ways.
Our mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Warehouse Associates connect our customers with the goods they need to make this happen.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 1:00pm-finish (overtime is subject to business needs)
Location: 6200 Commerce Center Drive, Groveport, OH 43125
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Operate an Order Picker or Double Pallet Jack while following company procedures to select, move, or transport product throughout the warehouse.
- Use a Voice Pick (Jennifer) headset technology to seek out and confirm product locations and quantities.
- Select orders, verify stock and inventory levels, and assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production (lines per hour) goals.
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday-Friday Schedule - Weekends Off!
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, and more!)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
- Able to speak English fluently (due to Voice Pick system)
What will give you an edge:
- Experience operating forklifts, cherry pickers, or similar equipment
- Experience working in a fast paced, productivity-driven environment
- Experience with computers
Click apply now so we can get to know you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED,strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Job Locations US-OH-Groveport
Posted Date 1 week ago (1/7/2020 9:38 AM)
Job ID 2020-36112
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 43125
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.