HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for demand planning, forecast accuracy, product life cycle management, promotional and seasonal strategies, and ownership of the demand forecast used in the sales and operations planning process for one or more merchandising categories.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Creates and maintains forecasting models for items and distribution centers in one or more merchandising categories in order to achieve forecast accuracy goals.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners in Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Operations, and Inventory Management to ensure business intelligence and baseline forecasts are aggregated to project sales and inventory levels.
- Leads the consensus demand planning process to ensure action alignment and works to resolve any disconnects between financial plans, operational forecasts, supply constraints, and other considerations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for supply chain operations and other areas of the business in demand planning, forecasting, inventory management, and reporting.
- Communicates key performance indicators to cross-functional partners and drives for continuous improvement in forecast accuracy, in-stock metrics, inventory on hand, transfer activity, and reduction of excess and obsolete inventory. Gathers business intelligence and creates specific forecast changes and executable strategies for proposed inventory management solutions.
- Recommends product life cycle practices to ensure initial stocking, phase in and out, item chaining, and other triggers are adequately managed.
- Assists with managing the open-to-buy process. Creates, gains alignment, and ensures adherence to the open-to-buy plan.
- Collaborates with Inventory Analytics and management on inventory ordering policies and settings to align with business objectives, including economic order quantity, minimum/maximum, safety stock, and ABC rankings.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, industrial engineering, information systems, supply chain management, or transportation and logistics.
- 2+ years of experience in statistical forecasting, demand and supply planning, or inventory management.
- Experience using advanced forecasting and/or planning systems, such as SAP APO, Servigistics, MCA Solutions, or JDA/Manugistics.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, and SQL.
- APICS or other forecasting certifications.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 1 month ago (12/17/2019 12:50 PM)
Job ID 2019-35883
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.