The Maintenance Support Specialist will work closely with Graymont's operating facilities to provide training and guidance to Maintenance Supervisors and other employees involved in the maintenance management process
United States - UT - Sandy
POSITION SUMMARY :
Graymont is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Professional who has a high degree of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) knowledge to join the Maintenance Support Group, in the role of Maintenance Support Specialist. The Maintenance Support Specialist will work closely with Graymont's operating facilities to provide training and guidance to Maintenance Supervisors and other employees involved in the maintenance management process. The incumbent will also work in partnership with other Graymont functional groups to ensure all plant maintenance related activities are well coordinated and executed. Extensive travel throughout North America is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The successful applicant is expected to take a hands-on approach and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership and participate actively to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency.
- Provide maintenance process and procedures training (for plant stationary and mobile equipment) to employees at operating facilities.
- Guide the development and continuous improvement activities of the Graymont wide community of Maintenance Supervisors in accordance with Graymont's Asset Management program.
- Update and maintain Graymont's asset management guidelines, standards and training materials pertaining to maintenance processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain tools, techniques and procedures to support Maintenance Supervisors and maintenance processes and procedures across Graymont.
- Assist in maintenance program development and continuous improvement at new and existing facilities.
- Ensure all specialized maintenance functions are well integrated and functioning in harmony.
- Deliver various customized maintenance process and procedures training modules to end users in plants and offices across Graymont.
- Ensure the use of the various maintenance processes and procedures are as effective and practical as possible for end users.
- Act as a technical resource and coach to plants, peers and other functional departments throughout Graymont.
- Respond to, and resolve technical support requests and calls for assistance related to the maintenance program and CMMS use.
- Assist in conducting maintenance maturity and sustainability assessments in partnership with operating facilities. Provide guidance for monitoring/measuring maintenance metrics and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Substantial travel required - up to 50%. Travel throughout the US and Canada.
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience including at least 3 years in an area of Frontline Maintenance Supervision (fixed plant or mobile equipment) and a high degree of competence in mentoring and coaching Maintenance Supervisors and Craftspeople.
- Post-Secondary Education in a related technical field.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs. High degree of proficiency in the use of CMMS (ex: JD Edwards or SAP) for proactively managing maintenance activities in asset-intensive manufacturing or mining operations.
- Experience managing and maintaining CMMS systems and continuous improvement programs across multiple sites simultaneously would be an asset.
- Able to effectively build relationships with, and communicate to large groups (technical and non-technical), and to employees at all levels within the organization (front line to executive management).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Self-directed and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.