Graymont is seeking applicants for an industrial electrician at our Cricket Mountain plant, located 32 miles SW of Delta, Utah (Hwy 257). Applicants will need experience with medium voltage, operating various test equipment, and trouble shooting in an ind
United States - UT - Delta
Graymont is seeking applicants for an industrial electrician at our Cricket Mountain plant, located 32 miles SW of Delta, Utah (Hwy 257). Applicants will need experience with medium voltage, operating various test equipment, and trouble shooting in an industrial plant environment. Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs and related controls equipment is a plus. Additional Company and Plant information can be found at www.graymont.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, understand, troubleshoot, and perform electrical work from electrical schematics.
- Experience with the following items:
- AC volt motor control circuits
- DC motors and controls
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Soft start AC drives
- 110 Vac, 480 Vac, and 4160 Vac
- Zero speed switches, motion detectors, level controls, shunts, current transformers, and all 110Vac and below input devices used for control, etc.
- Perform substation maintenance work, transformer connections, voltage tap changing, switch gear, over current relays, dash pots, demand meters, as well as cleaning all gear.
- Be familiar with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and the use of a laptop for trouble shooting equipment issues.
- Perform ground tests and evaluate, repair, and maintain a good grounding system.
- Have a full understanding of all electrical systems and be able to maintain in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the current National Electrical Code.
- Operate all job-related equipment.
- Work from wiring diagrams, sketches, catalogs, and parts lists.
- Efficiently inspect equipment that has failed, diagnose the problem, and come up with a safe repair procedure in a timely manner to get the equipment back in production.
- Safety rules and regulations, good housekeeping, and clean-up procedures must be followed.
- Conform to company work rules.
- Journeyman electrician or equivalent experience.
- Applicant will also be required to perform stationary maintenance including but not limited to welding, fabricating, troubleshooting mechanical equipment, changing bearings, etc.
- Able to work some weekends and call-outs when required.