Graymont's Bedford, QC plant is seeing a Purchasing and Inventory Specialist who will play a key role in the plant maintenance strategy.
Canada - QC - Bedford
Graymont's Bedford, QC plant is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to fill the position of Purchasing & Inventory Specialist. This individual will play a key role in the plant Purchasing and Inventory Management process, consistent with Graymont's maintenance strategy (MAPUS - Maintenance and Production Uptime Strategy). The Purchasing Inventory Specialist will have a high degree of communication and coordination with other specialists and departments throughout the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive purchase requisitions from various plant departments.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluation and selection searches of goods and services including quality, specifications, price, availability, delivery, freight requirements, to find the most appropriate products and services that will improve cost and expense management.
- Create purchase orders from requisitions, ensure cost center and accounts are correct (taxes, freight, etc.).
- Ensure Procurement to Payment (P2P), and approval processes are followed and high quality purchase transactions are executed as per Graymont procedures.
- Facilitate accurate and effective communications between purchase requestor and vendor, to ensure expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure close ties to the supply chain. Establish & maintain good relationships throughout.
- Maintain purchase orders and purchasing related information in a current & updated status.
- Establish & maintain dedicated areas with proper conditions for all spare parts to be stored.
- Ensure all spare parts are traceable through JDE, and stocking levels are established, reviewed and revised as necessary for all parts in inventory.
- Regularly review and remove obsolete parts and equipment as required.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in warehouse areas.
- Ensure all maintenance employees are trained on how to use maintenance inventory system (search parts, issue parts, etc.).
- Responsible to receive and stock parts in proper location within 24hrs of receipt.
- Organize, maintain and assemble (job kits) materials, parts and tools for certain jobs, special work orders, shutdowns or as otherwise required.
- Responsible to ensure there is a strategy to manage all consumables in an effective manner.
- Ensure major part synergies are maximized with neighboring plants, and coordinate transfers to and from other plants.
- Maintain proper labelling and use of barcodes for all regular spare parts.
- Managing procurement process to reduce unnecessary equipment down time.
- Participating in the planning of shutdowns to facilitate the work/parts flow and manage the procurement of parts during breakdowns.
- Assist the Maintenance department in planning, budgeting and other duties as required or assigned.
- Consistently demonstrate behavior and results that project a keen interest in a high level of safety, quality and environmental performance.
- Perform on-call duties in rotation with leadership team on weekends.
- Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
- Previous experience and/or training in supply management.
- Good mechanical knowledge.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel). High degree of proficiency in the use of (or ability to learn) JD Edwards.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills