The Plant Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will be planning all maintenance activities at the Plant and will execute the planning and scheduling function consistent with Graymont's' MAPUS initiative (Maintenance and Production Uptime Strategy).
Canada - AB - Exshaw
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensure safety considerations are given top priority in work order planning.
- Planning and scheduling of maintenance work for electricians, mechanics, and contractors.
- Work directly with Maintenance and Production Supervisors to plan preventative and corrective maintenance work orders, develop weekly and long-term schedules, and plan plant shutdowns.
- Hold weekly planning /scheduling meetings with maintenance and production supervisors to determine short and long term priorities. Schedule maintenance activities to ensure the priorities are satisfied.
- Define safe work procedures, best practices, PPE, tools, and equipment to be included in work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Accurately estimate job hours by trade, parts and resources required for all planned work orders.
- Manage appropriate level of planned work order backlog at all times.
- Maintain complete and accurate records/plans within CMMS (computerized maintenance management system).
- Train maintenance/operations personnel in proper use of CMMS to ensure highest quality work orders are produced and maintained for future reference.
- Manage Repair and Maintenance costs to budget.
- Perform on-call duties in rotation with leadership team.
- Actively participate to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency in our drive to become World Class.
- Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
- College or University degree in a related field plus a minimum of 5 years' experience, or Journeyman (Millwright or Electrician), with a minimum of 10+ years heavy industrial experience (maintenance, production or engineering and preferably supervisory experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understand relationship between management, maintenance, and operations.
- Proven planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with CMMS in an industrial operation.
- A high level of computer skills (JDE, Excel and MSOffice) and capable of learning new applications