Canada - NB - Havelock
Graymont is currently seeking a well-organized, highly motivated individual to fill the position of millwright at our Havelock, NB facility. The successful candidate will possess a technical background, enjoy working with people, with a willingness to improve. The millwright reports to the Production Supervisor and works a typical Monday through Friday schedule.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for safely performing routine and preventative maintenance activities, troubleshooting and repairing process problems, along with installation of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment within all departments at Graymont's Havelock plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observing all safety rules and regulations and all housekeeping and clean-up procedures.
- Conducting inspections and repairs on industrial equipment, including greasing and lubrications.
- Rebuilding pumps, speed reducers, belt conveyors, and all other types of equipment.
- Creating work orders, advancing status, locating and issuing parts and providing a detailed description of the tasks accomplished in the work order.
- Retrieving from and organizing parts inventory into correct locations.
- Executing layout, fabrication and implementation of new equipment installations.
- Cutting, brazing, and welding mild steel, stainless steel, brass, and aluminum.
- Work overtime as required and respond (call-out) to all emergencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Journeyman Millwright Red Seal Certification, F3B welding ticket is a strong asset
- Extensive experience or equivalent training in repair of all types of industrial equipment, i.e., screw and belt conveyors, bucket elevators, water and chemical pumps, gearboxes and vibratory feeders.
- Experience with welding and fabrication is essential, along with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work rotating shifts required.