Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This individual will be exposed to all major FP&A processes and functions for The Timken Company including the monthly financial forecast, annual budgeting process, and variance analysis. This position provides strategic support to senior management including preparing presentations, investment analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other financial projects. FP&A acts as the analytical engine of the business to provide insight and support for business decision making. This position reports to the Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and S&A
- Support quarterly and monthly financial reporting
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Prepare presentations to Senior Management Team
- Interface with finance managers around the world to ensure accurate reporting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Provide other ad hoc reporting and analyses as necessary to support the organization
- Strong analytical skills for variance/root cause analysis
- Strong communications and team skills
- Hyperion Planning expertise (preferred)
- SAP and Business Intelligence expertise (preferred)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 2 years' relevant experience. Experience with a global manufacturing company is preferred.
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred, but not required.
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified and relevant experience and education.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.