Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Mechanical Assembler for the New Castle, Delaware service center responsible for the assembly, testing, disassembly, inspection and painting of enclosed drive gearboxes.
· Perform labor activities in the assembly & test departments.
· Performs disassembly and inspection of gear boxes.
· Performs gear box assembly and test.
· Responsible for continuous elimination of waste and implementing cycle time reduction.
· Works with other facility teams (Purchasing, Quality, and Engineering) to ensure that assembly/test problems are addressed and resolved quickly.
· Provides feedback to Engineering on assembly/test discrepancies, drawing errors, quality errors etc., to preclude reoccurrence.
· Practices and emphasizes values and a culture that place the highest value on workplace safety, housekeeping, and environmental compliance.
· Develops relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose.
Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must have both verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Must have a high school degree or equivalent and 0-2 years experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.