Canada - QC - Portneuf
Graymont is an emerging global leader in the production and marketing of lime and limestone products. We have operations across North America and in the Asia Pacific region. Graymont's growing business focuses on technology and application innovation. To achieve this, Graymont supports the training and development of its employees and provides them with opportunities to explore their careers across Graymont's commercial, technological, engineering, environmental and finance functions, among others. Employees at Graymont receive competitive compensation and health care benefits and may also qualify for financial support for ongoing learning and development to help them reach their full potential. The Saint-Marc-des-Carri res facility supplies construction aggregates to the Portneuf area of Quebec, chemical-grade calcium carbonate to the agricultural, animal-feed and industrial markets in the Greater Québec City region, as well as stone blocks for dimension stone suppliers. Other products available at this site include riprap for retaining walls and railway ballast.
Visit www.graymont.com to find out more.
Reporting into the Superintendent, North Shore Operations, the Mining Technician will be a member of St-Marc's leadership team. While primarily responsible for the laboratory, the quarry operations and the processes, the Mining Technician will work closely with the Superintendent, the Maintenance and the Production Supervisors.
The successful candidate must be comfortable in an industrial/ mining/manufacturing environment and be able to be near and around heavy industrial equipment and processes. He/she must also have a strong desire to learn the lime manufacturing process and operations. In order to maximize effectiveness, the successful candidate will be comfortable in managing very diverse job responsibilities.
The Mining Technician will have to e nsure that the highest standards are met in terms of safety, environment, quality, efficiency and process reliability. He/she will be responsible of the laboratory and will have to be involved in all activities related to its operations, such as quality control from quarry to the finish product. He/she will have to perform laboratory tests and also have to issue non-conformities and deal with complaints when required. The Mining Technician will also need to i dentify, analyze and implement operation and quality products improvements, as such he will also have to develop, manage and implement processes related capital project. He/She will have to create and lead multidisciplinary teams to solve problems and/or improve operations and blasting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Self-starter and self-motivated and with a bias toward action and results
- Strong relationship and people management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint software.
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Ability to set priorities, plan and manage time and deliver short-term and long-term results
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish budgets, project cost monitoring / reporting, project production monitoring / reporting, and manage change control processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- College Diploma or combination of pertinent education & relevant work experience
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements and standard practices in mining sector
- Three (3) to five (5) years of industrial experience. In the lime or cement industry, an asset