Plant Superintendent Pilot Peak
United States - NV - Wendover
This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Pilot Peak Plant: safety culture, developing people, budgeting, refractory maintenance, interfacing with fuel suppliers, quality control, shipping, and day-to-day operations. Intensive planning and preparing for the future is key; including annual refractory maintenance budgeting, kiln shutdown planning, annual operations budgeting, and Capital Project Management, as well as, recruit and hire direct subordinates and represent the company with the collective bargaining unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the plant production function by collaboratively working with plant, regional and corporate functions to ensure the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, personnel, plant efficiency, equipment availability and environmental compliance.
- The Plant Superintendent will actively engage and promote employee behaviors and safety with the goal of zero injuries.
- Utilize Investing in Our People (IOP) principles and practices to fully engage all Pilot Peak employees, delivering employee ownership in the key areas of: safety, quality, productivity, efficiency and unit costs.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the workforce (salaried & hourly) is effectively developed and utilized. Ensure the company's equipment, assets, and resources are properly maintained and utilized to ensure maximum long-term value.
- Implement strategic framework and corporate initiatives, ensuring they are clearly communicated, understood and followed within the plant.
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve plant technical and financial performance. Leverage available capital for sustainable operational improvements.
- Contribute to the success of Graymont's lime business by sharing information and applying Graymont wide best practices.
- Maintain effective relationships with employees, other Graymont functions, suppliers, customers, local communities and local, state and federal governments.
- Be capable to act as relief Plant Manager or other Superintendents (Mine, Maintenance) in their absence.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
- A minimum of 5 years' plant operations experience in a leadership role - preferably in heavy industry (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance) and the proven ability to lead and develop others.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of kiln pyro processing, screening and Quality Management is ideal.
- A proven history of safety results and safety leadership in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills -- both written and oral.
- Able to lead and participate on work teams.
- Well organized and able to process large amounts of complex information, effective operational troubleshooting skills and effective decision-making skills.
- Strong financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, planning, etc.).
- Computer literate, knowledgeable of Microsoft programs. JD Edwards and PI experience a plus.