Tremendous career advancement opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager to oversee the management of a wide-ranging North American supply network for an international company.
United States - UT - Sandy
The Logistics Manager will direct and manage Graymont's logistics network in North America with a focus on the movement of finished products to customers and terminals. This role will also directly support initiatives directed at market growth and raw material supply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership and processes that result in enhanced profitability for Graymont and a stronger competitive market position.
- Manage, enhance and apply a freight P&L and hold the organization accountable.
- Bring new ideas and processes to Graymont.
- Maintain strong relationships with all internal functions as responsibility is broader than authority.
- Ensure product deliveries are performed in a timely manner and comply to client needs.
- Negotiate carrier rates and contract terms to provide maximum value.
- Provide technical and applications support to our customers on the transport and handling of our products.
- Introduce and maintain monitoring tools for the effective management of our freight network.
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service to assure reliable supply and service to our customers.
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing and carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs.
- Investigate and implement corrective actions when substandard carrier performance is reported.
- Assure carrier compliance to safety requirements at Graymont plants, terminals and customers.
- Actively lead and participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Attend and, as requested, present at Graymont sponsored meetings and training activities.
- Develop and monitor KPI's for the effective measurement of logistics performance.
- Support Operations and Marketing to evaluate developing transportation needs.
- Undergraduate university degree in Business Administration or related field; an MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years' progressive experience in field logistics with a forward-thinking company.
- High level of interpersonal savvy.
- Self-directed, able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Willing to travel greater than 30% of the time.
- Strong presentation and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).