Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking a Machinist responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments for the repair and maintenance of a variety of equipment.
The Machinist will fabricate and modify parts utilizing lathe and other specialty machines to ensure parts meet specifications for the repair of a variety of equipment.
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizing and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers with techniques to assure proper sizing and accurate readings of parts.
- Perform machining operations such as turning, drilling, tapping, boring, and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes and horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills
- Must be capable of holding 0.0005" machining tolerances with a variety of equipment.
- Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing equipment.
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Perform various welding operations, including setup and use of MIG, TIG, torch, and stick welders.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding operations (e.g., precision surface facing), broaching procedures, and babbitt bearing work.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including, but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Operate Overhead Crane
- Keep work area neat and clean
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Assist other shop departments with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor and shop manager.
- Perform other duties as directed, including, but not limited to; Parts Washing, Shop Clean Up, Mechanical Work
- Use Micrometer for getting accurate measurements
- Use Lathe and Mill material to specification
- Research proper specifications of parts through various resources (EASA, Manufacturer)
- High school Diploma
- 3+ years of applicable experience
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Eyeglasses/contact may be worn to aid in the use of the vision essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to feel or handle, and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand for short periods of time, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.