HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for the management of National Accounts sales for a team and region. In addition is responsible for building relationships and developing plans to increase sales and profitability for accounts that are National in scope and make National purchasing decisions for the team's portfolio. The targeted national accounts represent the largest customer relationships for HD Supply. Drives sales by creating, executing and communicating business plans to grow sales. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develop Regional National Accounts selling team to drive profitable sales through the National Accounts sales channel. Manage each team member to develop strategic business plans for their portfolios.
- Work within the HDS enterprise to ensure an appropriate support framework is in place to facilitate national account agreements. Responsible and accountable for the performance of the regional team in attaining sales plan, part margin and controllable expense objectives.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the largest businesses. Develop, execute and communicate business plans for profitably growing sales. Participates in local, National, and National trade associations and conferences. Researches, develops and acquires large account opportunities within targeted industries. Responsible for linking to other HD Supply entities where appropriate.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing accounts. Teams with individuals within sales and key corporate personnel such to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge in Facilities Maintenance product lines is preferred.
- Experience managing a Sales team in a Supply Chain Management environment is preferred.
- Knowledge/experience within core industries of Multi-Family, Hospitality, Government, or Healthcare.
- Knowledge of Miller Heiman's Strategic Selling and Large Account Management Process concepts.
- BA preferred.
Job Locations US-NJ-Parsippany - US-GA-Atlanta - US-GA-Dallas - US-IL-Chicago - US-NY-New York
Posted Date 2 months ago (2/7/2020 9:32 AM)
Job ID 2020-36717
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 7054
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.