Your career begins at Cone Drive Operations, a Timken company! Cone Drive is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan and boasts nearly 100 years of success in the gearing industry.
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
At Cone Drive, the Quality Engineer leads the warranty process from the initial customer notification through the satisfactory resolution of the issue. Quality Engineers also support continuous improvement initiatives for manufacturing operations and various activities required in maintaining the quality management system.
- Performs customer support for warranty issues by reviewing the customer's reported issues, applications and evaluation of returned product.
- Primary customer interface from initial notification from customer, case initiation to final reporting of warranty return evaluation disposition.
- Facilitate problem solving, coordinate containment and corrective actions associated with warranty return results to prevent future occurrences in cooperation with Operational, Engineering and Customer Service functions.
- Maintains good rapport and productive communications with customers, field representatives, team members and other departments. Coordinates actions to support customers and help in maintaining business growth.
- Presents warranty reports and explains details to customers along with disposition of warranty status.
- Prepares and presents warranty status and trends to Cone Drive teams.
- Prepares orders and routings to complete repairs for warranty returned product.
- Performs customer on-site warranty service calls or evaluations as needed.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline with 3 to 5 years of experience in a Quality Engineering or related role.
- Prior experience in a technical customer support role in gearing or related industry preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Six sigma or related training preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and writing skills.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.