HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Gather disparate data from various data sources; analyze and normalize to ensure data integrity for analysis. Provide consistent, relevant and accurate data as well as guidance/knowledge of the data and definitions that are available for analysis.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of expertise.
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Defines data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. May make presentations.
- Provides recommendations based on findings and analysis. Provides input on policies and procedures.
- Participate in department and interdepartmental projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience in logistic processes of warehouse operations and distribution programs.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Technical Analyst role utilizing applicable technologies (i.e., SQL, Oracle or similar ERP, Warehouse Management Applications, Cognos or other report writer tools, and Unibar or other label development software).
- Purchasing/inventory management experience.
- Experience in acquiring data within large multi-system enterprise environments.
- Working knowledge of data rationalization and data definitions.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (3/7/2020 9:08 PM)
Job ID 2020-37083
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.