Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Do you have experience as a production planner in a manufacturing envrionment? Timken Drives is looking for a planner to keep our production lines going. They will help to create work orders and to assist our floor leadership with planning. This job is essential to ensure customer needs are met. Our production workflow is managed through SAP.
You'll fit right in with the culture IF you are a-
- SELF STARTER: You can take action without being told what to do and when to do it.
- You strive to see your company grow.
- Have a PASSION for making a good product.
- You can work well on your own or with a TEAM! TOGETHER.EVERYONE.ACHIEVES.MORE
Want to hear more? Check out the standard job description below.
Position Summary: This purpose of this position is to create a detailed production schedule using work orders to meet customer delivery dates, to maximize capacity utilization and to minimizing inventory investment. This position must also continually improve this process and function.
The planner schedules and releases work orders to operations. The planner follows up with shop floor leadership as needed to ensure that delivery dates are met. In order to release work orders, the planner must release purchase orders to suppliers following the guidelines set by supply management. Similarly, the planner will request delivery from suppliers to meet the customer due date. If the internal or external customer delivery date is at risk, the planner will notify those affected and work with operations leadership, supply management, and / or engineer to resolve the situation.
Planners will work together across product lines and component processes to resolve conflicts and constraints. Assist operations team to ensure accurate inventory including a leadership role in the physical inventory or cycle count process. The planner will participate in continuous improvement activities to reduce lead time, improve material flow, and improve cost. The planner will analyze data and make recommendations for safety stock levels, minimum order quantities, maximum order quantities, etc.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reviews ERP system messages and takes action as appropriate.
- Aligns work orders with the production schedule.
- Participates in the schedule attainment process.
- Performs capacity evaluations and leveling within guidelines set by the manager.
- Supports operations team as an expert on inventory transactions.
- Acts as a leader when supporting the physical inventory process.
- Supports lean initiatives through development of the Kanban process, visual shop floor controls, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Participates in the quoting process by offering projected lead times for make to order products and ensuring adherence to lead times for make to stock items. Works with operations leadership to resolve conflicts.
- Interpersonal Skills that support a team/collaborative environment
- Effective Communication Skills when dealing with team members on the shop floor, team members who communicate with the customer, and direct contact with suppliers.
- Computer application / program skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- SAP - experience preferred
- Project Management Skills
- Time Management Skills Analytical Skills
- Ability to be decisive and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
Education and/or Experience: Associate in Supply Chain, Marketing, Business, Engineering or Manufacturing. Bachelor in Supply Chain, Marketing, Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.