Canada - NB - Havelock
The Maintenance Supervisor will work in close collaboration with the maintenance and production teams. He is accountable to fulfill the main tasks of planning, scheduling, coordination. Including all relative task in regards of preventive and corrective maintenance activities for the plant to maximize equipment reliability (fixed and mobile).
The position will have to design, implement and facilitate a cost-effective supply chain management system for the efficient execution of a World Class maintenance operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and participate actively to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency.
- Support the plant automation projects, get involved into the initiative and collaborate to this success
- Identify, receive, review & prioritize maintenance work requests. Create & maintain detailed maintenance work orders in asset management system (JDE).
- Develop detailed job plans for approved work orders (WO's). Work order plans will include identification of: safety requirements, parts, tools, special services, trades types and hours to complete each job, etc.
- Create and maintain preventive maintenance work orders with assistance from the Reliability group.
- Plan and schedule periodic plant/process/mobile equipment maintenance shutdowns.
- Update JDE with detailed maintenance history for each piece of equipment, and closeout work orders.
- Approve and/or receive requisitions to purchase goods or services for the operation. Create purchase orders (PO's) for approval, prior to placing orders with vendors.
- Ensure close ties to the supply chain and establish & maintain good relationships throughout.
- Follow through on all orders to ensure timely delivery. Receive goods & services physically and electronically within JDE upon delivery or completion of services.
- Establish & maintain dedicated areas (with proper conditions) for all maintenance spare parts.
- Ensure inventory management system is utilized correctly, maintained and kept up to date. All parts added to, or taken from inventory must be tracked per Graymont procedures.
- Ensure maintenance planning & scheduling, purchasing and inventory functions are well coordinated to avoid waste and operational losses.
- Engineering bachelor's degree is a very strong asset or Technical College certification in a related field combined with a strong experience in heavy industrial environment (maintenance, production or engineering)
- High aptitude in the use of various computer software (excel, word & other MS software.) Use in Graymont's asset management enterprise system (JD Edwards) will be taught.
- Able to organize and coordinate multiple priorities. Self-directed and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.