Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Process Engineer - Laser/Vision will provide laser marking and automated visual inspection expertise and guidance to the primary internal customer (Manufacturing). An individual in this position would gain knowledge and technical skill with regard to laser marking and automated visual inspection applications and processes. They would then use this knowledge to drive continuous improvement and process development in support of team, department, and plant goals. The position is also responsible for implementing engineered systems where needed to sustain improvements. This position would leverage their expertise to support New Product Introduction (NPI), advanced quality product planning (APQP) , and process development initiatives/efforts driven from other parts of the organization, both within the plant and the company.
Will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and cultivate a working knowledge of laser marking processes and applications
- Develop and cultivate a working knowledge of automated visual inspection processes and applications
- Evaluate external technologies and strategically identify opportunities to implement them internally
- Manage projects through a standard process including project plans and routine communication
- Provide both proactive and reactive laser/vision expertise to manufacturing
- Lead individuals and teams in troubleshooting process issues
- Apply Lean, Six Sigma, and/or Timken Manufacturing Operating System thinking and tools to projects where applicable
Technical & Functional Skills:
- Mechanical/technical background, with an ability to work within a team structure/environment demonstrated through formal/informal experience
- Strong analytical skills with strong computer skills
- Relevant work experience in machine vision and related technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Process Development
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors in mechanical/electrical or engineering tech
- Preferred Mechanical/Electrical or vision technology
- 5-8 years of Manufacturing experience desired
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.