Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This role is responsible for leading the global trade and customs function for a dynamic and growing U.S. multinational company reporting to the Vice President Tax. This position ensures that:
- Timken complies with international trade laws and regulations for the U.S. and other foreign governments
- Trade compliance requirements are effectively communicated to Timken's U.S. and non-U.S. business unit managers; and,
- Continuous improvement and cost-savings opportunities related to global trade and customs compliance efforts are identified and implemented
This role will work closely with external service providers and must also be able to lead internal teams and collaborate with the business within the dynamic global trade environment to ensure compliance for imports/exports.
- Maintain oversight of Timken's business systems and processes as they pertain to global trade compliance requirements and best practices.
- Advise on how best to apply global trade rules and regulations to Timken's transactions.
- Provide strategic leadership for Timken's import/export policies in order to minimize the landed cost of products globally.
- Serve as the authoritative representative with suppliers and internal and external customers regarding global trade issues, as well as Timken's primary training and education provider on export, import, country of origin and other trade matters.
- Manage team involved in assigning Harmonized Tariff Schedule codes and determining the proper export control jurisdiction and classification of products.
- Serve as the primary Empowered Official on matters involving the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Serve as the primary contact with US Customs and other government agencies on trade-related matters.
- Manage Timken's participation in various free trade agreements and the U.S. duty drawback program.
- Work with outside counsel to ensure current knowledge of trade compliance issues.
- Serve as main liaison for Timken's Foreign Trade Zone.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Working knowledge of U.S. Export and Import laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the various economic sanctions laws, regulations, executive orders administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Experience designing and implementing business processes and controls within an Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally
- Advanced project management capabilities
- Propensity to lead teams and manage external service providers
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Economics, International Business or similar
- MBA or Master's degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics or International Business preferred
- 10 years' experience in global trade and compliance, preferably in a corporate environment with a global enterprise
- 5 years' experience of acquisition integration experience preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.