Your Career Begins at Cone Drive Operations, a Timken company! Cone Drive is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan and boasts nearly 100 years of success in the gearing industry.
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
At Cone Drive, the Applications Engineers provide customers with technical support, including reviewing application data, making reducer selections, conducting calculations, and delivering proposals. This position also manages projects from inquiry through delivery to satisfy customer technical and commercial requirements, while supporting company policies and plans. Applications Engineers also provide technical support to product development projects.
- Performs project management of proposals and orders by coordinating design reviews, engineering activities and interfacing with other functions.
- Develops and delivers customer quotations, including cost information and lead times for special products in cooperation with the purchasing, sales and pricing functions.
- Delivers technical proposals to customers in support of quotations and orders. This includes drawings, calculations, specifications and other technical information.
- Presents proposals and explains detailed technical systems and issues to customers having a wide variety of technical backgrounds. Presentations to be done by telephone, email, by web conference or in person.
- Maintains proficiency in available company and industry standard technical data, policies, procedures and tools, and makes appropriate use of same.
- Maintains good rapport and productive communications with customers, field representatives, team members and other departments and offices. Coordinates with these stakeholders to support customers and to grow business.
- Obtains, maintains and demonstrates basic selling and advanced technical service skills. Able to direct others in assembly, installation and maintenance of products. Provides hands-on assembly and adjustment of products as needed.
- Meets with customers at remote facilities as needed.
- Supports various technical and product development projects as required.
- Designs and conducts product tests to prove concepts or validate performance.
- Supports customer complaint resolution via application and failure analysis, in cooperation with quality and sales functions, and reports results as needed.
Bachelor degree in Engineering, BSME preferred, plus two to three years experience in a customer support role.
- Experience in a technical customer support role in the gearing or related industry preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and government regulations
- Proficient in statics, dynamics, trigonometry, modern algebra
- Basic proficiency in 3D CAD
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use a computer for mathematical applications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers or customers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedural manuals.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.