This is a 12-month contract role Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager.
Canada - BC - Richmond
Graymont is a global leader in lime and limestone solutions. Our products are essential in addressing today's most pressing environmental issues while supporting vital industrial processes and agricultural needs. Uses for our products include the purification of air and water, and the production of items essential to a modern economy such as steel, paper, and metals. The company operates as an essential business critical to the supply chains and operations of life-sustaining products and services in the communities we serve Headquartered in Canada, Graymont serves markets throughout North America and Asia-Pacific. Graymont is also the strategic partner of Mexican-based Grupo Calidra, the largest lime producer in Latin America.
Professionally managed and family owned, the company has been in operation for over 70 years. Graymont aims to be the preferred supplier, employer, and partner of choice wherever we operate.
Graymont's growing business focuses on technology and application innovation. To achieve this, Graymont supports the training and development of its employees and gives them opportunities to explore their careers across Graymont's technological, engineering, environmental and finance functions, among others. Employees at Graymont receive competitive compensation and health care benefits and may also qualify for financial support for ongoing learning and development to help them reach their full potential.
Visit www.graymont.com to find out more or check out our Glassdoor and LinkedIn profiles.
This is a 12-month contract role Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager. The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for applying knowledge of best practices in educational technologies and multimedia instructional development to create engaging learning activities and compelling e-learning content. In addition, the Learning and Development Specialist will be responsible for the coordination and administration of a wide-range of learning and development activities and projects as required and will provide troubleshooting and technical support to the learning management system (LMS) and technology issues.
The successful candidate must possess the proven ability to think strategically, the skills to develop innovated and creative solutions utilizing best practices and the capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling e-learning content
- Create supporting material and media (graphics, audio, video, simulations, games)
- Design instructional materials using learning software (e.g., Adobe After Effects, Articulate, Captivate)
- Assist in analyzing and assessing the application of appropriate instructional tools and strategies to accomplish and identify learning outcomes
- Work with subject matter experts to identify training needs and validate content accuracy
- Provide online and blended teaching and course design consultations with potential clients
- Determine criteria to measure learning and develop assessment materials
- Support the creation and maintenance of classroom training and learner enrollments
- Support mandatory training reporting and tracking
- Handle general learning inquiries and management of LearnCenter Admin mailbox
- Work with functional learning champions to build training plans for key positions
- Upload historical training records
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot LMS issues
- Partner with business to test learning content and import content to LMS
- Generate ad-hoc learning reports for internal stakeholders as needed
- BA with a minimum 3 years' experience.
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Proficiency using digital learning software, graphic design software, and at least one learning management system
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Lesson planning experience
- Strong visual and graphic design skills
- Creative and tech savvy
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to quickly build content within an e-learning environment
- Strong communication and public speaking skills.