Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Co, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is currently seeking a Principal Territory Account Representative to support operations for the Denver, Colorado site. The role of this position is to perform outside sales and sales management of industrial motors and Wind Services in a territory that primarily encompasses Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas. The position reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Plan, schedule, and make sales calls to new and existing customers
- Create and execute plans to retain and grow the existing customer base
- Possess or gain comprehensive knowledge of the company's capabilities, services, and products.
- Coordinates the sales efforts to assure customer inquiries are handled in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for commercial and contractual input into bid preparation and support, collaboration and cooperation with the proposals team for successful bid submission.
- Be responsible for meeting company objectives for product sales and profitability in the assigned territory
- Maintain existing product sales, while assisting to formulate new product line strategy to assure market growth.
- Must display an entrepreneurial spirit and possess the ability to adjust to market demands while performing a multitude of tasks.
- Must possess a high energy level and the ability to deal with high stress situations.
- Perform all aspects of the sales function to the highest level of professionalism. Ability to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency with available resources.
- General knowledge of industrial sales is necessary. Prefer knowledge of the industrial motor industry.
- Capable of visiting customers and ability to quickly assess needs, follow-up and convert customer opportunities into profitable sales.
- Demonstrated ability to perform within a team environment, as well as possess the ability to take charge and work independently when required, possess the ability to interact with all levels of customers, vendors and internal team.
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time.
- 10+ Years experience in industrial motors, power generation, or related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- General knowledge in the industrial motor industry as well as a strong electrical, mechanical and sales aptitude.
- Strong computer skills, primary focus on MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attendance and punctualityódependable and reliable.
- Excellent customer service and human relation skills.
- Willingness to continuously learn and grow with the company.
- Able to work alone as well as within a teamóboth a self-starter and team player.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Ability to work well under pressure/deadlines.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and professionalism displayed in all aspects of work.
- Display honesty and integrity in all aspects of work and hold team to same standards.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Eyeglasses/contacts may be worn to aid in the use of the vision essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to feel or handle, and talk and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand for short periods of time, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.