If you are ready for a challenging career that provides the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive Operations, a Timken company! Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a manufacturing facility in beautiful Ludington, Michigan. Cone Drive has a proud history as a leader in the gearing industry, and the Plant Manager role is a key leader for the business. The Plant Manager reports to the Director of Operations in Traverse City, Michigan, and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations in a fast paced, dynamic manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for driving continuous improvement for the Ludington facility and for maintaining a central priority for employee safety, quality, delivery, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and cost containment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Driving plant safety, quality, production and delivery objectives for the Ludington facility, which generates approximately $20 million annual revenue.
- Working closely with colleagues at all levels to ensure visibility on issues, risks, and opportunities for improvement for the Ludington facility.
- Monitoring plant performance and driving continuous improvement for key metrics to maximize output and productivity.
- Managing employee development for all employees, including hiring, training, disciplining, and mentoring. Maintaining positive employee relations and enforcing Company policies and values.
Successful candidates for this role will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a leadership role in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Prior direct accountability for safety, quality, delivery, cost management, compliance, and employee development.
- Demonstrated success leading cross functional continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of production control, shipping/receiving, and labor relations.
- A strong business acumen with a solid understanding of business needs.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and ERP.
- A open, decisive and confident leadership style with the ability to energize and empower others.
- A strong sense of urgency and personal commitment.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.