Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for creating a detailed master production schedule for Keene plant operations using SAP to meet customer demand requirements while minimizing inventory investment and maximizing capacity utilization and productivity. The majority of the work performed for this position will be done inside of the SAP planning time-fence. This position is also expected to continually improve the production planning and scheduling process and function.
- Utilizes the SAP system to releases production orders, addresses MPS exception messages, reviews and maintains master data as appropriate to ensure system accuracy.
- Converts firm, planned orders to production orders to meet the master schedule taking into account FAIRs, or DT requirements.
- Aligns the master production schedule with known levels of capacity. Makes recommendations on changes to work center availability, utilization and rates.
- Reviews assembly summaries and will take appropriate actions to re-plan shortages and disposition excess materials.
- TECO of production orders and troubleshooting confirmation issues between SAP.
- Participates in the monthly supply meeting, SI&OP process, weekly schedule attainment process. Analyzes demand for NAR improvements with emphasis on DPAS-rated orders.
- Adhoc analysis of demand and inventory as it relates to the MPS and schedule attainment.
- This will require knowledge of SAP, Excel or other analytical platforms required to complete the task.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and team skills
- Experienced in data-mining and analysis (Excel, SAP, Access)
- Minimum 6 months of SAP (or other ERP) experience in Order-To-Cash, Supply Chain or Procure-To-Pay function
- Manufacturing / production experience preferred
- Associates degree required
- 3-5 years production planning using ERP preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing principles and processes
- APICS or CPIM certification preferred
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office suite proficient-- Excel, Power point, SAP/MS Project experience preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.