Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: This role is responsible for providing overall data, finance compilation, and analytics to assist with strategy and execution of the Global Benefits Team. This includes data management, analysis, and reporting. Additionally, this role is integral to the team's effort to impact the Company's success by improving internal processes, process and data management with outside vendors, trend identification and analysis related to benefits programs, and the ability to measure outcomes.
This role requires the ability to interact with our US and global professional service firms to ensure these advisors provide prompt, complete, and accurate market data, statistics, and financial data. As a global role, this interaction relates to matters involving the Company's Global Brokerage process related to all countries with Timken operations.
- Compile, review, and analyze data, including, but not limited to, demographic, health, retirement, claims, financial, and cost, concerning or related to the company's benefit plans - in the US and globally - working with vendors and brokers concerning the same, and make recommendations for actions to be taken based on such data.
- Process confidential and/or private data and information according to guidelines, US law and regulation, global laws and regulation.
- Develop business relationships with vendors and brokers in the US and globally, using those relationships to identify data requirements related to data exports and imports, maximize data compilation and analysis efforts, and bring optimal value with respect to consultation service expectations benefiting the company and plan participants.
- Acquire data from primary (in-house) or secondary (e.g., vendors, government) data sources, and filter and "scrub" data and identify systemic changes to keep data clean and preserve data integrity going forward.
- Aggregate and interpret data of all relevant kinds, including financial data; analyze results using statistical techniques; and support ongoing and ad-hoc reporting. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Develop expertise on company systems, generate reports from those systems, and develop systematic analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Identify and define process improvement opportunities for data management, data analysis, data reports, etc., and support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards; troubleshoot the reporting database environment and re-ports; and provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Interface with the benefit administration team on plan/program implementations, resolution of escalated issues, execution of annual open enrollment activities, acquisition integrations, and project or data related tasks.
- As requested, complete related duties other than those indicated above and exhibit positivity, flexibility and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or other quantitative field.
- 3 to 5 years of Financial analysis experience required; corporate benefits experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate high learning agility and have strong financial acumen, project management skills, and data analysis capability.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.