Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the O&R department.
- Perform customer TAMMs and SNRRs requirements.
- Set up, organize and maintain required manufacturing and quality files.
- Coordinate activity between multiple departments/functional groups to ensure efficient product flow and issue resolution.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Shipping to ensure a timely flow of material to outside process suppliers. Communicate issues negatively impacting the ability to meet schedule attainment and aid in the development of recovery action plans.
- Work in various databases/computer systems to generate/coordinate all customer required certifications and/or shipping documentation. Including, but not limited to:
- Working in:
- Customer Databases/Portals
- Packing slips,
- Government Bill of Lading (GBL) information
- Serial Number Reports
- Government Form DD250
- Maintaining Government DLR/RFID Labeling Program;
- Working in:
- Maintaining department supplies as needed.
- Provide detailed completion date information to internal customers.
- Participate in the development of and ensure compliance with standard procedures.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects or other duties as assigned.
- Perform tasks as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
Moderate twisting and bending
Moderate stair climbing
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Extensive walking may be required.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear and other PPE may be required as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years in an administrative support function.
- Manufacturing background required.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills required with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Must be able to work independently
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.