Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Shipping & Receiving Leadperson provides direction and guidance to associates in the various functional area of responsibility. Overall, strong technical knowledge relating to departmental operations and working closely with the Supervisor of the area to ensure that key objectives are met.
- Assist management with schedule attainment.
- Provide direction and assistance to associates in department operations and mentor and train if needed.
- Promote company policy, ensure that we meet quality standards, achieve work schedules by most efficient use of people and equipment while continually seeking ways to reduce cost and improve department efficiency.
- Technical knowledge/ability to regularly interact with service departments and occasionally interact with customers and vendors.
- Track, maintain and order supplies that support your area of responsibility.
- General understanding and knowledge in all responsibilities at an expert level and perform tasks as necessary with an emphasis on:
- Assist in resolving tooling, print or other applicable issues as they arise.
- Operationally ensure the compliance and effectiveness of Statistical Process Control, maintain an operational quality standard.
- Report all operating difficulties to the appropriate member of management.
- Maintain and comply with process documentation.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time on a concrete manufacturing floor.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid drivers licenses
- Minimum of 8 Years experience.
- Aerospace experience required.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal form.
- Solid computer skills - ability to work with Microsoft products and S&R programs.
- Strong ability to work in a team with leadership skills including ability to train and mentor.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to trouble shoot technical concerns.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Lean knowledge i.e. 5S
- Fork lift experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.