Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: This role is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial information for the Belts & Chain business. Reporting directly to the President - Belts & Chain, the Controller will have Global responsibility and will manage multiple sites inclusive of Ft. Scott, KS, Springfield, MO, Fulton, IL, Indianapolis, IN and the Weifang, China location.
As a critical member of Belts & Chain leadership team, the Controller is responsible for driving the financial performance of each plant and ensuring that economic rigor is applied to the decision-making process. This includes efforts to reduce invested capital, improve cash flow, and drive continuous improvement in cost and productivity. This role is based out of the Fulton, IL location.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide financial guidance for all plant capital investments and related business case justifications.
- Lead and drive plant cost reduction efforts, holding plant management team responsible for delivering annual cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Lead the preparation of the plants' business planning process, incorporating productivity and cost targets for both manufacturing and sourcing.
- Develop and maintain accurate standard cost data for all products, working with both product teams and business management on new product development and new business opportunities.
- Develop necessary inventory polices and controls to ensure integrity of financial statements.
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly financial statements/KPI reports for the plants in accordance with company policies and GAAP.
- Proactively partner with plant management and direct team to ensure that all parties have a clear and accurate picture of the plants overall financial performance.
- Prepare monthly rolling forecasts and provide plant and operations leadership with insight and commentary for all major variances from both plan and prior forecast.
- Prepare and assist in cost quotes on new business/contracts.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets.
- Serve as the primary contact for internal and external auditors.
- Have flexibility to travel between plants as needed.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Strong variance and root cause analysis skills.
- Advanced Excel and SAP capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or Business with 7 or more years' experience, or Master's degree in Accounting/Finance (or MBA) with 5 or more years' experience. Must have plant accounting experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: CPA/CMA preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.