Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope:
Smith Services, a part of Timken Power Systems, is seeking a Maintenance Technician. This position supports both production and quality by ensuring the efficient operation of all machinery and mechanical equipment throughout the plant. Responsibilities include performing routine and preventive maintenance throughout the building and property including (but not limited to) plumbing, HVAC, electrical and mechanical. Associate must possess the ability to work as a team member in order to ensure that safety, production, and quality goals are met on time.
High School Diploma or GED
Certified Industrial Electrician
Minimum of 5 years of Industrial maintenance experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for continuous elimination of waste and implementing cycle time reduction.
- Works with Customer Service, Purchasing, Quality, Engineering and other facility teams to ensure that assembly/test problems are addressed and resolved quickly.
- Drives culture that places the highest value on workplace safety, housekeeping and environmental compliance.
- Develops relationship with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose.
- The use of a man lift, forklift and other industrial vehicles.
- Performs various preventive maintenance throughout the plant.
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment.
- Working on plumbing, HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools.
- Ability to maintain and repair all equipment in a safe manner.
To apply go to timken.com/careers. We only accept resumes for open positions. We do not accept resumes in person.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.