Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking a full-time parts washer and general helper for our electric motor repair shop.
Job Summary: Clean, prepare, and paint electric motor parts and assist in other motor shop duties. This role is an entry-level introduction to the shop, with a clear development plan put in place and designed by the apprentice and manager into a specific area of the shop. The ideal candidate will have some experience working in a shop environment with mechanical aptitude, or has a desire and willingness to learn. Examples of career advancement include: Electric Motor Rewinder, Manual Machnist, Mechanic.
- Load and unload motors from trucks using forklifts and/or overhead cranes.
- Complete the tear down of electric motors, removal of copper windings, and steam clean disassembled parts.
- Paint completed electric motors and perform final QC (quality control) checks.
- Assist with motor pickup/delivery, and other errands as assigned.
- Ensure cleanliness of the shop, performing duties as assigned and identified.
- Complete forklift and crane inspections as needed.
- Cross-train on other areas of the shop including Motor Rewinder, Machinist, and Mechanic.
- Other duties as assigned, assist any/all motor shop and electric departments as required.
- Ability to follow instructions/take direction well when given, looks to identify new work before it is assigned.
- Ability to work safely around moving machinery.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Desire to advance their career in the industrial industry.
- Experience working with/around heavy equipment and machinery preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, operate tools/equipment, and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather), and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from moderate to loud.
*Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Wazee Electric fosters a drug-free work environment.