Canada - BC - Richmond
THE FINANCIAL REPORTING SPECIALIST IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT
The Contract Financial Reporting Specialist will be a key member of the corporate accounting team responsible for the timely and accurate execution of financial reporting and other specific technical areas of accounting and will support other initiatives as required.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports under IFRS.
- Prepare consolidations and financial statements in both Canadian and U.S. currencies including statements of cash flows and note disclosure.
- Perform technical areas of accounting including employee future benefits, decommissioning and restoration provisions, hedging, goodwill impairment testing, etc.
- Perform equity accounting for foreign investment including foreign GAAP to Canadian GAAP reconciliation.
- Support and prepare for annual financial statement audits.
- Perform financial analyses for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Assist with insurance program.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Designated CPA with audit experience (minimum 4 years post-qualification experience).
- Hands on experience with IFRS, including detailed knowledge of accounting treatment and disclosure requirements.
- Proven ability to research and document accounting issues
- Willing and able to perform hands on work in all technical areas of accounting accurately and on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP system an asset.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.