HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for performing senior level fabrication operations and supporting management by acting as the operational first line of assistance for associates. Provide customized products to customer specifications.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coaches and trains fabrication associates on the proper execution of duties. Exhibits detailed knowledge of all fabrication machines and duties.
- Examine specifications of the customer's order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Fabricate work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieve correct pipe of various sizes and classifications from fabrication pipe yard. Perform different fabrication duties, including grooving pipe and cutting all holes for welders using a plasma cutter.
- Examine work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Package for shipping. Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures and
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact. Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior level associates.
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior level associates.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Metal working experience preferred. Understanding of welding tolerances and piping.
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment including bolt threaders, band saws, and metal cutters.
- Experience with PCs and related software programs.
Job Locations US-CA-City of Industry
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (10/5/2020 5:14 PM)
Job ID 2020-39812
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Manufacturing
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 91789
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.