Graymont is seeking a Production Supervisor that possesses a strong technical background, enjoys working with people, with a willingness to improve chemical and mechanical processes in the industrial minerals industry.
United States - PA - Pleasant Gap
Graymont is currently seeking a well-organized, highly motivated individual to fill the position of Production Supervisor at our Pleasant Gap, PA facility. The successful candidate will possess a strong technical background, enjoy working with people, and have a willingness to improve chemical and mechanical processes in the industrial minerals industry. The Production Supervisor reports to the Plant Superintendent and works a typical Monday through Friday schedule. We value safety at Graymont and we are looking for someone with the same value. This individual will be responsible for the daily supervision of several plant processes, including two rotary kilns and one vertical shaft kiln, two hydrators, pulverized limestone (PLS) plant, rail car loading and unloading, and truck loading.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensure the highest safety standards are achieved and given top priority in plant operations and be willing to lead a behavior-based safety approach with the hourly team.
- Supervise kiln operators, lime loaders, laborers, kiln helpers, loader operators, and other hourly team members as defined by the Plant Superintendent, with a total number of up to 40 hourly direct reports.
- Workforce scheduling and daily work deployment.
- Communication with hourly employees on night shift and weekends.
- Work with sales and customer service to coordinate rail car loading and inventory.
- Help optimize operations and control loops of process via process control system HMI.
- Attend weekly planning/scheduling meetings between maintenance and production to determine short and long term priorities.
- Manage short and long term emissions limits for all kiln processes in conjunction with Process Engineers.
- Support maintenance activities to ensure that equipment safety, reliability and production requirements are achieved.
- Order parts and supplies; schedule and supervise contractors as needed.
- Define safe work procedures, best practices, PPE, tools, and equipment to be included in work orders.
- Administer the collective bargaining agreement.
- Ensure accurate employee payroll hours and production data are entered in ODE.
- Ensure compliance with employee task training.
- Ensure compliance with fugitive dust emissions, housekeeping and workplace inspections.
- Cross train to supervise all other plant production duties to relieve other production supervisor during vacation, sick leave, business travel, meetings, etc.
- Perform on-call duties in rotation with leadership team.
- Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
- College or University degree in a related field or a minimum of 4 years heavy industrial experience (maintenance, production or engineering and preferably supervisory experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of the relationships between management, operations, maintenance, internal and external customers.
- Proven planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, learn, and function in a team environment
- Previous experience with boiler and power generation processes and equipment.
- Previous experience with product packing and palletizing a plus.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) and the ability to learn new applications.PLC programming and JDE experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of bulk material handling principles
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS CRITICAL TO THE JOB :
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Lifting ability up to 65 pounds.
- Standing, walking, and working while wearing full personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures.